Spring was definitely in the air this weekend. As I mentioned in my post on friday, the seasonal change to spring was significant to my weekend and I think I made the most of these last few days. Additionally, I think I spent the majority of the weekend either thinking, cooking or consuming copious amounts of food. Another reason I am so full + happy today… and a bit exhausted as well. Thank goodness there will be a lot of sitting today to rest my tired feet 🙂
I have a lot more details to share in some upcoming posts but here are a few highlights from my weekend…
– Friday night we finally tried out post chicken and beer. I think we tasted our way through 50% of the menu + were quite impressed with this new neighborhood spot. (full restaurant review coming soon!)
– Ryan, cohen + I had the most entertaining + relaxing brunch on the patio of top golf on saturday morning. Cohen loved watching all the planes fly overhead, while we soaked in the morning sun and ate some delicious brunch offerings.
– 80-degree weather in march meant we were outside for much of the weekend… backyard bbq’s, walks to the park + playing in the backyard.
– Sunday was spent in the kitchen with rachel, cooking away. We were inspired by the bounty of spring’s produce + made a dinner that celebrated the season. Oh, and I finally got to cook (and shuck!) fresh spring peas! So damn good.
– We got to catch up with some of our favorite friends, matt + lindy, on sunday evening, while also making some new friends over dinner.
Happy 1st day of spring! What was a highlight from your weekend?