Recapping + Reflecting on all the good that happened in 2018.
There were a lot of highs over this past year. Both personally + professionally here on the blog… I have a lot to be thankful for.
With 2019 just hours away, I wanted to share some of my favorite moments + experiences from the last 365 days. I will spare everyone my hardships + struggles (that could be a later post if the interest was ever there).
Instead, I’m focusing on the positive which is how I am hoping to jump into the new year.
Top 10 Moments from 2018
1. Our family trip to new orleans. Not only did ryan’s entire family venture to the big easy for a stunning + eventful weekend vacation but I got to be the maid of honor in brianna’s wedding. It was a weekend I will never forget + honored to be a part of.
2. Blake began sleeping through the night. We have 2 very early risers + up until about 2 months ago, we also had a daughter who got up nightly. A year + a half of being up in the middle of the night every night is exhausting. It also takes a number on your energy, patience + overall appearance. Her sleeping schedule has been the biggest game changer on so many levels.
3. I hosted my first blogger event. Back in july, I successfully executed summer entertaining made simple. I have planned dozens of events in my life + would consider myself a natural entertainer. However, pushing myself outside of my comfort zone + be center stage was a risk I really enjoyed taking.
4. Park visits. This past summer was all about getting outside. We made daily + weekly trips to our neighborhood go-to spots. However, we also ventured to new parks around denver + it quickly became one of my favorite activities. Our family will forever be on the hunt for the best swings + most adventurous climbing structures.
5. Girls Trips. My besties joined me for a weekend in salida, co in early spring + it was the first time in nearly a decade that all of us pulled ourselves away on a group trip together. A few months later I joined beth for a weekend in steamboat, co that reset my soul.
6. Our 1st family hike. Getting our kids out to do something active together on a random sunday was honestly, one of my favorite moments together this past year. The kids did so well + really leaned into the entire experience.
7. Blog collaborations. 2018 was filled with so many amazing blogger + influencer partnerships. I created a ‘how-to guide’ on a branded photoshoot, wrote multiple restaurant reviews + expanded my denver city guide with nearly 20 new posts. However, more important than the work were the friendships I got to make/foster + the inspiration that came my way.
8. Hosted a killer bachelorette/bridal shower weekend. I have not shared the images yet (a print publication is picking it up for 2019!!!) but I was privileged to host a celebratory weekend in brianna’s honor before her nuptials this past september.
9. Date nights with ryan. Due to overly gracious + an incredibly willing family, we were able to sneak in a few overnight getaways just the 2 of us. Sleep, uninterrupted conversation, music, delicious food, drinking coffee in bed at 8am + just a bit of R&R was everything to us. Now… who’s ready to sign up for more than 1 evening of us away?!?!
10. Saying YES! 2018 might have been the most challenging + accepting year yet. I pushed myself + allowed vulnerability to steer my course. It was insanely valuable + brought so much opportunity, growth, confidence + personal strength. Generally, I am pessimistic + timid at new ideas but I really let ‘yes’ open my horizons + it has been life-changing.
Closing out 2018
To close out 2018 I want to take a moment and say thank you!
Thank you for following me on this journey. Thank you for your comments, engagement + honesty. This blog is personal on many levels but I also hope you find it to be a source of knowledge, inspiration + authenticity. I pour myself into south on broadway + I am grateful beyond words for each person who jumps on here to be part of it.
Cheers to an amazing 2018 and I cannot wait to see what 2019 brings!