Back in early december 2016, I made a winter want list of all the goals + hopes I wanted to accomplish. Looking back now, I was able to check the majority of them off my list too. Not only were we able to make the most of the winter months, we made endless family memories together in the process.
With spring finally here, I started thinking about activities + plans to fill the months ahead. Just like yesterday’s spring snow storm, denver is notorious for late seasonal weather. So, I am hoping we might be able to still get in a couple snowball fights or cold days snuggled up at home. Yet, my tulips are already sprouting all over the front yard, so, we will see what mother nature has in store.
What are my spring goals? Ryan + I have already signed up cohen for swim lessons, starting in a couple weeks. It’s a top priority of mine to get him comfortable + safe in the water and I cannot wait to see him splashing around like he does in the tub. Below are a few of my additional spring goals…
– take a ride on the platte valley trolley. cohen is so obsessed with trains + cars so I think he will love being able to jump aboard and ride one around lodo.
– plant an herb garden. I would love to set up a little herbaceous garden in my kitchen window to use for cooking.
– update our bedding. My bedroom in general needs a little design refresh + I think a bedding update is the 1st start. I would like to replace our duvet and find some beautiful sheets + pillows to refresh the space.
– take family photos. Before our little baby girl arrives, I would like to capture this moment in time with a family photo session. My little family of 3 is about to become 4 and I want to have some updated pictures of ‘us’ in this season of our life (even if I look huge!)
– trim our trees. A couple years ago, we had to get 4-5 trees in our backyard trimmed after a heavy spring snow snapped some branches. Since then, we have had a couple branches in need of tending-to. Not the most glamours way to spend $ but necessary for the trees’ health + their overall visual appeal.
– fill my planter boxes. I have a few pots + planter boxes that I fill with seasonal blooms + greenery every spring. Spending a couple hours with my hands in the dirt + a little sun on my back, is one of my favorite spring traditions.
– organize baby items. This little girl is only 2 months away from joining our family + I have a lot left to do. I would love to take an afternoon to organize all the baby clothes cohen has outgrown. Additionally, I need to pull out our infant gear that has been stored away.