This post has been sponsored by Collective Bias, INC. and The Coca-Cola Company, all opinions are mine alone. #PlayPauseRefresh #CollectiveBias
Football is a big deal in our house. My husband is a major sports fan + football is number one. Most weekends we are cozied-up on the couch, watching all the best matchups + of course, our home team too. I love throwing football watch parties because they are so easy to put together. The entertainment is done for you, so, all you have to take care of are the food + drinks. Our fridge is always stocked with Coca-Cola™ which is also one of my favorite drinks to serve when we have friends over.
Game day food is all about indulgence. However, I like to take popular game day snacks + elevate them in someway. A go-to recipe in my house are grilled chicken wings. Instead of deep frying, I take my wings out to the barbecue. It is an unexpected cooking method that is a bit healthier + involves very little prep or clean up. The chicken wing’s skin gets charred just slightly with subtle smokiness. Mixed with my spicy-n-sweet wing sauce, they are a crowd pleaser that are packed with tons of delicious flavor.
On game days, nothing tastes better to quench our thirst + compliment a big platter of wings than an ice-cold Coca-Cola. The glass bottled variety are a show stopper in a big galvanized tin when entertaining. Paired with my wings, they take football night from average to an epic match-up everyone can get in on.
Coca-Cola is currently hosting their #playpauserefresh sweepstakes. They are giving away tons of prizing including gift cards, merchandise + electronics. It’s so easy to enter too:
- pick up your favorite Coca-Cola beverage + program your night.
- take a photo of how you enjoy Coca-Cola during tv night. Make sure the program you are watching stays on your TV but out of your photo.
- share your photo on twitter or instagram with both #programyournight and #sweepstakes
Finally if you want to grill up some tasty wings for tonight’s game or a football viewing party, here is my recipe for sweet + spicy grilled wings.
Sweet + Spicy Grilled Chicken Wings
- 2lb chicken wings, rinsed + patted dry
- 2T olive oil
- 1/3c franks hot sauce
- 2T melted butter
- 2T honey
- salt + pepper
- heat your bbq grill to med-high heat
- in a large bowl mix honey, hot sauce, butter + a few grinds of fresh pepper in a bowl, set aside
- on a parchment-lined cookie sheet, toss your wings with olive oil, salt + pepper
- place wings on grill + cook with the lid shut for approx 5-7 minutes
- flip wings over + continue cooking for another 5-7 minutes
- remove wings from grill, add them to the hot sauce mixture + toss until well coated
- serve wings on a large platter with a side of ranch dip, carrots + celery