This post is sponsored by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NightOfTheBat #UnmaskYourSpirit #CollectiveBias The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
Halloween is quickly approaching + I am eagerly anticipating its arrival, as I do every year. I have swapped out much of my home’s decor, bringing in rich fall colors like rust + orange. In addition, there is a lot of texture through live branches, wood elements + metal accents. Oh and to really get my home into the halloween spirit, I have a few spooky pieces added to the mix. I love entertaining and when my home is looking extra festive, hosting a get together with friends is a perfect way to show it off.
A halloween cocktail party might sound difficult but it is easier than you might think. I would suggest ditching the costumes for a more upscale affair with tasty bites, tons of moody lighting + of course, delicious cocktails. I have partnered with bacardi to share a few of my favorite tips + tricks for a successful halloween party. With a killer cocktail in-hand, your guests will feel welcome + all the spooky details will take your party to the next level.
Halloween Cocktail Party Tips + Tricks
- Serve a mix of store-bought items along with just 1 homemade appetizer. Guests will see an impressive display of snacks but you will not be stuck in the kitchen cooking as guests arrive.
- Set up a ‘serve yourself’ bar. This not only gets people interacting but also gives your guests something to do.
- Turn off your lights + strike a match. Candles create flattering lighting, instantly transforms the ambiance +look beautiful with seasonal decor.
- Pick a playlist that is energetic + fun. Remember, you’re not a concert but you also don’t want your guests feeling like they are trapped in a waiting room.
- Have fun. Nothing ever goes off seamlessly but if you keep a smile on your face + your wits about yourself, rarely guests will even notice if something goes awry.
Now, the key element for any successful get together… a tasty cocktail. I would suggest serving a signature drink that evokes the cozy + warm feelings of fall. My spiced rum cider, featuring bacardi gold, blends the flavors + scents of star anise, cinnamon, nutmeg + clove with the smooth flavor of the rum. This Bacardi cocktail is sure to impress + make your halloween party a great one.
Recipe: Spiked Spiced Rum Cider
SPICED APPLE CIDER:
- 4 c apple cider
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 star anise pods
- 6 allspice berries
- 6 peppercorns
- 1 cracked nutmeg
- 1 ½ oz bacardi gold rum
- 1/2 c apple cider
- cinnamon sticks (garnish)
- sliced lemon (garnish)
- sliced apple
- 1/2 oz float of hard cider, optional
- Over medium-low heat, warm your spices in a pot or dutch oven until aromatic (3-4 minutes)
- Shake spices back and forth so they do not burn
- Add in cider and simmer for 10 minutes
- Pour cider into a pitcher and cool in the fridge for 1 hour
- Fill a rocks glass with ice
- Pour in rum and the spiked cider, stir well
- Garnish with lemon wheel, cinnamon stick and apple slice
- If adding hard cider, pour in ½ oz