Peaches are in season + the bounty of local, palisade peaches has me thinking about all the recipes I can make, utilizing this juicy fruit.
(grilling peaches while 8 months pregnant in august 2015)
A couple summers ago I hosted a farm to table dinner featuring seasonal produce. I scoured the interwebs looking for the best recipes to highlight my produce bounty. Out of everything I made, the grilled peach dessert, paired with vanilla ice cream + a balsamic glaze, was a major standout. This simple but flavorful dessert is one I have made a dozen times over since, it’s that good. However, if you are looking for some additional ways to use local peaches this summer, check out my #foodporn round up below.
Recipe: Grilled Peaches with Ice Cream + Balsamic Glaze
- 6 ripe but firm peaches
- 2T olive oil
- vanilla ice cream
- fresh mint
- preheat outdoor grill or indoor grill pan
- cut peaches in half and remove pits
- drizzle peaches with olive oil and rub in to cover all surfaces
- place peaches on grill for 1-2 minutes, turning just once, to create grill marks on all sides.
- remove from grill and let rest while you scoop ice cream
- place a generous scoop of ice cream in each bowl and top with grilled peaches
- drizzle with balsamic reduction + sprig of mint
From cocktails to savory options, the versatility of this sweet fruit is endless. To help cut the natural sugars, peaches pair great with spices, strong cheeses + pork. I cannot wait to pick up a few more at the farmers market this weekend. I have some cooking to do + the inspiration is endless.
(left to right: grilled peach salad with a maple bourbon dressing / strawberry peach sangria / braised brisket with a bourbon peach glaze / peach coconut cream popsicles with cardamom / peach prosciutto + brie tart / grilled peach vanilla bean mascarpone honey granola / peach + basil flatbread / bacon-wrapped grilled peaches with balsamic / peach cobbler overnight oats)